Re: Mistake in the doc ?

On Friday 29 August 2008 17:02:01 Vincent Panel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Maybe I don't understand but,  I'm looking at § 8.2.4.1 in this
> document : http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin22/schema.html
>
> The goal is to create an attributetype called "myUniqueName" which is
> unique. With the last definition of this attributetype :
>
>  attributetype ( 1.1.2.1.1 NAME 'myUniqueName'
>                DESC 'unique name with my organization'
>                SUP name )
>
> How can openldap guess that we cant a unique attributetype ?

I don't see anything in the document you refer to that implies that slapd will
enforce uniqueness on the attribute. It only states that organisations may
maintain a unique ID (but does not state how).

> Isn't there a SINGLE-VALUE missing at the end of the description ?

Uniqueness is orthogonal to being multi-valued.

If you do want to enforce uniqueness on an attribute, see the slapo-unique
overlay, which can do this for you, without a custom schema/attribute
definition.

Regards,
Buchan