Re: AW: script for adding users information in ldap database

I have a question along similar lines.  We use Uportal and Moodle and I want
to set up an LDAP server for those applications to authenticate users.  I
want to take the users in the Uportal MySQL database and migrate them to an
LDIF file.  Has anyone done this?  I am assuming I will have to write some
sort of script to create the LDIF file.  Does anyone have an example of a
script that does something similar?  Anything that involves getting data out
of a MySQL database and creating an LDIF file with it would be really
helpful.

Thanks so much,
Kristen

PS
Thanks for all of the earlier help with my LDAP woes.  Things are working
better now.  I installed from source.  It was harder than using apt-get, but
it actually works now.  And I got the phpldapadmin working with the server I
set up and can see the example entries I put in, so things are a lot better.
Now I just have to figure out what schema to use and the best way to
represent our users in an ldif file - oh yeah, and how to create an ldif
file from our mysql database :)

--
Kristen Walker

Digital Media Resources Developer
Instructional Media Services
Santa Barbara County Education Office
4400 Cathedral Oaks Road
P.O. Box 6307
Santa Barbara, CA 93160-6307
(805)964-4711 ext. 5244/FAX (805)683-3597
kwalker@sbceo.org
http://www.sbceoportal.org