Re: Problem while inserting binary data....

ashish mahamuni wrote:
--- On Sat, 28/6/08, Dieter Kluenter <dieter@dkluenter.de> wrote:
ashish mahamuni <ashitpro@yahoo.co.in> writes:
attributetype ( 2.5.4.74
        NAME 'agencyIcon'
        SUP jpegPhoto )
[...]
I want to store icon file in agencyIcon attribute...
So I added below line for agencyIcon in ldif file
agencyIcon;binary: < file:///root/jbuilder.ico
When I execute command:
slapadd -l init.ldif
I get error as.....
<= str2entry: str2ad(version): attribute type
undefined
slapadd: could not parse entry (line=8)

When I use ldapadd/ldapmodify I get following error

ldap_add: Undefined attribute type (17)
 additional info: agencyIcon;binary: option
"binary" not supported with type

Your attribute type agencyIcon inherites syntax from attribute type
 jpegPhoto, thus the binary extension is invalid.

I also tried using following syntax for my attribute, instead of inheriting from jpegPhoto....

Did you actually read what Dieter wrote? The error message simply means what it says. Simple leave away transfer type ;binary. Use instead:

agencyIcon: < file:///root/jbuilder.ico

Ciao, Michael.