Re: slapd[26189]: warning: cannot open /etc/hosts.allow: Too many open files

--On June 11, 2008 10:40:27 AM +0200 Andreas Moroder <andreas.moroder@sb-brixen.it> wrote:

Hello,

today a client to connect via ftp to our server ( SLES 9 ) and I got this
error:

slapd[26189]: warning: cannot open /etc/hosts.allow: Too many open files

This is a long standing and well known problem with using tcpwrappers. I assume you are using a 32-bit OS? This can be resolved by moving to 64-bits and upping the limits available, IIRC.

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc