Re: Password management question

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 3:53 PM, Hallvard B Furuseth
<h.b.furuseth@usit.uio.no> wrote:
> Sigh.  One paragraph, one thinko/edit error...  I wrote:
>> As the slapd.conf manpage says, the above directives tell slapd to hash
>> the password (and how to do so)
> No they tell it how to do so.  Default {SSHA} like it says.
>> if the client changes a password using
>> the Password Modify extended operation, but not if it uses plain
>> Add/Modify operations.
> --
> Hallvard

thank you for the answer, i've have found a way to deal with it, it
can be done via the ppolicy module

overlay ppolicy
ppolicy_default "cn=Standard,ou=politiqueMDP,dc=cvf,dc=fr"

the last line tells openLDAP to hash the password even if the
application send it as plain text

thank you