Re: Redirect bind requests to another server

Andreas Moroder <andreas.moroder@sb-brixen.it> writes:

> Hello,
> we have a web application that autenticates via openldap. Now a second
> hospital should use this same application, but they have their own
> autentication server, active directory in this case.
> In our network the users authenticate giving their username ( amoroder
> in my case ) and password. Is it possible to configure openldap to
> redirect the bind request to the remote server when the username
> contains an extension like jsmith@remote ? Does this work with AD as
> second/remote authentication server ?

What you are requesting is some sort of X.500 DAP services plus the
service of a virtual directory. This could partly be achieved with
OpenLDAP, it would be easier to put a virtual directory in front of
OpenLDAP and AD and have all users to authenticate against the virtual

[1]  http://penrose.safehaus.org/Home

Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung