Trouble Installing LDAP Client On Ubuntu Linux

Hi,

  I have some trouble with the installation of the LDAP client on Ubuntu Linux.

  I followed the instructions as described the articles below.
    1. <http://www.linux.com/feature/114074>
    2. <http://mcwhirter.com.au/node/25>

  Although I followed the steps in the article my Ubuntu keeps running exactly
  as before, authenticating without using LDAP. Problem is that I don't have
  a clue what's happening. So any suggestions on what files to check or what
  commands to run to test things are appreciated.

  What I do know about this configuration problem is:
    *  The LDAP server is up and running, it's usable from another application
    *  I don't see any incoming traces when I run slapd in full debug mode
       and try some actions like rebooting or getent passwd from the client
    *  The getent passwd <username> test as described in article .2 fails

  So likely something went wrong with the configuration of
    $ apt-get install libpam-ldap libnss-ldap

  Is there a way I can rerun the installer so that I can verify the configuration
  data I entered. What other things should I try ?

  All suggestions apprectiated.

  Thanks,
  Carl

Sounds like? How many syllables? Guess and win prizes with Search Charades!