RE: Need a multi-client schema

> > Let's say that the three clients I want to share contacts
> > are Outlook, Evolution and Thunderbird. Would it be possible
> > to use the AD schema for the LDAP server and for all three
> > clients, replacing the default schemata of Evolution and
> > Thunderbird?
>
> Since Evolution and Thunderbird are open source, you can of
> course modify them to do whatever you want.

Um, yes. I meant would it be possible without recompiling anything.
Evolution, for example, can import a CSV file of Outlook contacts
perfectly, so the mapping is stored somewhere. If it's in an external
file, and the evolutionperson.schema is also read from an external file,
it might be possible to persuade Evolution to use Outlook fields by
default. If the schema is hard-coded, then yes it would need source
hacking and recompiling, which is not worth the trouble.

> > I get before taking on Outlook. Does anyone know where to
> > find the AD schema? I can find dozens of pages about it, but
> > can't actually download it from any of them.
>
> As usual, Microsoft is not very forthcoming with docs, but
> there's quite a bit of analysis already done here.
> http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/295.html

Ah, thanks. That's very helpful.

CC

This e-mail may contain information which is confidential, legally privileged and/or copyright protected. This e-mail is intended for the addressee only. If you receive this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer