Silly details like CN= v cn=

I've been working on making Samba4 pass it's testsuite with OpenLDAP as
a backend.

One of my tests does what no LDAP client should do - it applies a case
sensitive comparison of the returned DN, compared with what we expect
and get from AD.

For example, we search for cn=ldaptestmachine and then ensure we get:

OpenLDAP returns

which I'm sure is perfectly valid, but if I can write a bodgy script
with case sensitive comparisons, so can an admin or sloppy app.  Working
in the windows space makes me like to eliminate differences where I

Can the case of the attribute names (CN and DC) in that DN be made to be
UPPER case easily?  (Alternately I'll write a filter module on the
Samba4 side to do that).

Andrew Bartlett
Andrew Bartlett
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.