Re: max open files

В Птн, 19/03/2010 в 10:44 -0400, Dan Pritts пишет:
> On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 04:38:32PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> > Out of fairness want to note that the most significant component of the
> > problems with the OpenLDAP packages for Debian (and Ubuntu, to a somewhat
> > lesser degree) is that the packaging team has basically no resources.
>
> Interesting about the Debian situation.  Another reminder to me of why
> I don't use Debian; the project's concerns about absolute "freedom"
> don't mesh with my concerns about getting real work done.

The problem you are talking about is not Debian related, it's
distribution related. Tommorow the situation may change to the opposite.

When you are not satisfied with the version in stable - the are
backport. If there is no backport, there always is
testing/unstable/experimental to manually make backport from, later
always with most recent version in a resonable short delay.

Not sure about Redhat. I'm a Debian user.

--
Покотиленко Костик <casper@meteor.dp.ua>