Re: max open files

Well, IMHO this is a really bad excuse and I was not expecting to hear that in this list.

Klements,

You can get slapd source packages and change the flags as you want. Serious distribution packages as Debian packages shouldn't be discouraged by OpenLDAP dev team as I'm seeing here. Debian packages policy are very strong and help a lot stable environments to be bug-free from recent less stable versions. I use Debian as a protection from that too early versions who can potentially threat my production environment and I was very successful with Debian packages in this attempt.

You can also look for support on Debian IRC channels and lists.