max open files

Hello,

the problem is, that many clients generate more than 1024 concurrent
sockets to the LDAP service which block the remaining incoming sockets.

I already do all the possible changes to the server (ulimit, sysctl,
etc)
without a solution. All the incoming connections stop at the 1024
concurrent sockets.
The only solution is restarting slapd.

The version of openldap is 2.4.11.

In /var/log/syslog I found the following entry:

Mar  1 14:45:15 ldap1 slapd[25320]: warning: /etc/hosts.allow, line 19:
cannot open /etc/hosts.allow: Too many open files

cat /proc/sys/fs/file-max:
  203609

cat /proc/<slapd pid>/limits:
  Max open files 4096 4096 files

Regards,
Klemens

--
Klemens Kittan
Systemadministrator

Uni-Potsdam, Inst. f. Informatik
August-Bebel-Str. 89
14482 Potsdam

Tel.    : +49-331-9773125
Fax.    : +49-331-9773122
eMail   : kittan@cs.uni-potsdam.de

gpg --recv-keys --keyserver wwwkeys.de.pgp.net 6EA09333