Authentication Issue

I am trying to setup a server and running into an issue whereby I cannot authenticate using the rootdn. (I am new to OPENLDAP so apologies in advance if this is a basic question)

The problem is I get "Invalid Credentials" returned

Here is an excerpt from my Slapd.conf file

database bdb
suffix "dc=my-domain,dc=com"
checkpoint 1024 15
rootdn "cn=Manager,dc=my-domain,dc=com"
# Cleartext passwords, especially for the rootdn, should
# be avoided. See slappasswd(8) and slapd.conf(5) for details.
# Use of strong authentication encouraged.
rootpw secret
rootpw {crypt}ijFYNcSNctBYg

And here is the OpenLDAP command I run:

[root@localhost rgolding]# ldapadd  -D cn=Manager,dc=my-domain,dc=com -w secret -f /tmp/newentry
ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)
[root@localhost rgolding]#
And here is the LDAP entry I am trying to add:

[root@localhost rgolding]# more /tmp/newentry

dn: cn=Barbara Jensen,dc=my-domain,dc=com
ObjectClass: person
cn: Barbara Jensen
cn: Babs Jensen
sn: Jensen
title: the world's most famous mythical manager
mail: bjensen@example.com
uid: bjensen

Thanks in advance

Richard