Re: syncrepl failure over time

On Wednesday, 10 March 2010 22:06:33 Aaron Bennett wrote:
> Hi,
>
> openldap-2.3.43
> db4-4.3.29

The db4-utils package shipped with RHEL5/CentOS 5 has *nothing* to do with the
database library the openldap package uses, please check the output of:

ldd /usr/sbin/slapd|grep db

You should get something like this:
$ ldd /usr/sbin/slapd|grep db
        libslapd_db-4.4.so => /usr/lib64/tls/libslapd_db-4.4.so
(0x00002b7dd6dde000)

> CentOS 5.3
>
> We're observing that syncrepl with refreshandpersist is failing at some
> point after an ldap restart.

There are some syncrepl monitoring scripts. I provide one for Xymon, which
also does some performance trending, and there are some for Nagios.

> I've written a script to try to figure out
> exactly when, but it's sometime within 24 hours.
>
> A slapd restart on the consumer always picks up any pending changes.
>
> Here's our configuration:

You haven't said anything about your topology. For example, is there a firewall
between the provider and the consumer? syncrepl in 2.3 doesn't recover from a
stale connection.

Regards,
Buchan