Re: Syncrepl: 3 simple questions

Hi Torsten,

"Torsten Schlabach (Tascel eG)" <tschlabach@tascel.net> writes:

> Hi Dieter!
> v014ldap:/# ldapsearch -x -D 'cn=admin,dc=nodomain' -w XXXX -b "" -s
> base supportedControl | egrep ""
> supportedControl:
> v014ldap:/# ldapsearch -x -D 'cn=admin,cn=config' -w XXXXXX -b "" -s
> base supportedControl | egrep ""
> supportedControl:
> Looks good, doesn't it?

> I am at 2.4.11.
> I know, I should upgrade to 2.4.19.

I am not commenting on this.
> I am currently trying to do that. But I cannot find any .deb (Debian /
> Ubuntu) package for 2.4.19. There is some stuff for 2.4.17 or so in
> Debian testing, but I guess you want me to use the really latest stuff.
> Unfortunately, I am struggling for 1/2 day today with getting the 2.4.19
> package compiled.
> Just because I am courious:
> a) What does that supportedControl atrribute mean? (I guess it means
> syncprov available, doesn'it ?)

> b) I am sure there are tons more of those diagnostic attributes like
> this one. I know for example that I can ask for SASL mechanisms
> supported, etc. Are those options documented anywhere?

All controls and extended operations are documented in their relevant
RFC, for syncprov this is RFC 4533. I am not aware of a digest of all
relevant OID's. But Michael Stroeder has undergone the work to add a
description to all OID's, so web2ldap displays the description of the
presented OID's.

Back to your problem. The only other reasons could be
- access control
- wrong search base in search string
- no activation of syncprov overlay

Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung