[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: syncrepl replication on 2.4.19 (stable)
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: syncrepl replication on 2.4.19 (stable)
- From: "Brett @Google" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 18:51:45 +1000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=RbeoIh4D2mqwtuS9MUT8kRxjOOkQGDWDBm6YnnRv+sI=; b=VSpuHV/qhva8TpTZ+ZrsKzJlXGyELZ7xB2sTwGzK87G2iN+Pkg36PVNCTQk0JkYBAK HNNjrAfY5TcrTPm754aB2zZijLmJ2tWOM/I6ZfvcMFuS1R3wEKAd8ybgR90VyokWd/I9 cSCLWg8nLAuuHVLFAki/yEyPoKgbJ8Fs4uGyk=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=lhNdOQcbTSy9+7HUc9AT9GSLHGAksf37tJ52tHj29RBqgLPO43BAvQFeAz1jSoy3rU vxl8BdrK6RVao2vFeSMm3cY86Wh4N9dheIUZ/eWIX1Bf0KLZdblh8Du0m+LNxPhh70Vf kW+AP4wx/mPlEFtFffJcffnnhEXTQGzQcR4s4=
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 5:48 PM, Brett @Google <email@example.com>
I am having a very odd problem after upgrading from openldap 2.4.16 (stable)
In the interests of full disclosure, I just did a slapcat / slapadd and the problem has gone away.
I'm not sure is the problem was created because of starting a 2.4.19 slapd, over the top of a database loaded by 2.4.16, or due to the obscure bug, occasionally mentioned, where syncrepl can gets itself into a odd state and wont converge.
The syncrepl state information on the producer would have been created with the slapadd -w option under 2.4.16, but executed under 2.4.19. I thought originally because the berkeleydb version (4.8) had not changed, this would be ok.
Out of interest, has the syncrepl UUID / CSN format changed much between 2.4.16 stable and 2.4.19 stable ?