Re: Debugging a module

On Wed, 16 Sep 2009, omalleys@msu.edu wrote:

The ISCA answer is:  You might try run everything under Valgrind instead of gdb as it might be easier.

You can try that, but unless the fault is a memory error of some sort, I don't know that valgrind has the right tools for it (or maybe I just don't use it the right way). It really sounds like the bigger issue is a logic issue.

And honestly, in that case, a locally hacked version of the module with Debug() statements probably wouldn't hurt. Of course you can do same in gdb, and that has advantages that we like like not needing a recompile, but I think the concept of "put a print statement in" is a bit easier when getting started.