Re: [Openldap 2.4.16] Is it possible to force synchronization: files log.xxxx not treated after a crash

On Tue, 25 Aug 2009, Lepoutre Lionel wrote:

My problem is that some data are not synchronised on one of my server and I
have some "log.xxxx" files in my var/openldap-data/ directory.

The "log.xxxx" are BerkeleyDB transaction log files. They should be automagically replayed as needed in the 2.4 series.

set_flags               DB_LOG_AUTOREMOVE).

With this set, there really shouldn't be a need for periodic treatment of the log.* files.

*Aug 20 10:08:40 bpldap02s kernel: slapd[19783]: segfault at 0 ip 080926f3
sp ad5a03a0 error 4 in slapd[8048000+1b9000]*

If slapd crashed and did not resync appropriately on startup, that's unfortunately probably a bug in slapd. There's been a lot of work on syncprov/syncrepl that will be present in 2.4.18 (see the ITS) so hopefully an upgrade will address your issue. If you care to testbed with the RE24 CVS and share your feedback, that would help greatly to ensure this.

For the moment I only see the solution: "slapcat -> ldapadd" to synchronize
both instances but if you have any other solution...

I think that's where you're going to end up. "slapcat" (on server with proper data) -> "slapadd -q" (on server with missing entries) would be a faster option.