Re: Using replication on RedHat servers

On Tuesday, 18 August 2009 20:53:40 Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> --On Monday, August 17, 2009 5:25 PM +0200 Pierre Laporte
>
> <pierre.laporte.steria@gmail.com> wrote:
> > This is quite strange. When I list the files in symas'RPM, i get a bunch
> > of entries but nothing related to replication :
> >
> > $ rpm -qpl  symas-openldap-silver-2.4.16.0.x86_64.rpm | grep sync
> > $
> >
> > => No result.
>
> Or it is already built into slapd, and no reason to module load it.

AFAICT, we confirmed this was not the case earlier in the thread, there was no
syncprov_initialize symbol in the symas slapd (although there were syncrepl-
related symbols), and 'overlay syncprov' without the moduleload also failed.

Pierre, your options here are:
1)Contact Symas. If you have IRC access, there are some Symas people on the
#openldap channel on freenode (and I am there too, as blingme) who might be
willing to answer some specific questions.
2)Use other packages, such as the ones I provide (see
http://staff.telkomsa.net/packages/OpenLDAP.repo)
3)Build your own from source

Since I am not familiar with the symas packages, I can't personally help
finding out why there is no syncprov module, and syncprov is not built into
their packages.

Regards,
Buchan