[Date Prev][Date Next]
Using replication on RedHat servers
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Using replication on RedHat servers
- From: Pierre Laporte <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 17:57:25 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:reply-to:from:date :message-id:subject:to:content-type; bh=w3bpgTxl/0jIFWo2A23QHRDeMhtNRxPUj8MPX9g5xJk=; b=QP+6mOjCZ8pums5W2FIwiNbQzZ18yxanl8Sq99FtvyT/xsd+Pi7FONVewI1EhirWu6 NgOYXQI/wP8ycGQnmLdIHuQ7TJDY4St5xST8M4eXd1mm4dNwt0EA5yPQkfjxZDhkU4Nu 6I6YSGSfOUEwqpWNyd6NRFAOMkWCkAKeCa5XU=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:reply-to:from:date:message-id:subject:to:content-type; b=CSrk9MNqx4gRyi7SmOToJ3NdviRV011HYZG0DIdZ+AefCWZu872mDgMOnHsRTs9pZK CFQMRScTA6L/PAUwbbnW0DbD3mVUV8y0Id8L2ZYT0xLst8D8ZGI8vX+T5zFQNZCnWV8P LLFoET9v9Oqjancc2rQB3CFGmLJYhrrNwi0bc=
I am setting up several openldap servers, and would like them to be synchronized, multi-master style.
Version: 2.4.16 packaged by Symas
OS: RedHat 5.3
I have tried following the Admin guide but for some reason, I just can't include the syncprov module. When I add the line "overlay syncprov" in my slapd.conf file, slapd fails to start and i get this error message :
Aug 6 17:29:21 localhost slapd: overlay "syncprov" not found
I found some information about this bug at https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=466937 , but i'm not sure whether it applies for symas'package :
"syncprov is compiled statically into slapd daemon to keep backward compatibility"
I tried to skip this part, but as expected, replication doesn't work. I keep getting this message in logs.
Aug 6 17:33:10 localhost slapd: slap_global_control: unrecognized control: 18.104.22.168.4.1.422.214.171.124.1
According to a thread in this mailing list, this error appears when
syncprov is not loaded in slapd.conf
So here I am, stuck. I can't find syncprov.la in my module folder (/opt/symas/lib64/openldap), and I can't find any way to solve this problem.
Did I miss something ? How can i get this to work ?
Any advice would be very appreciated.