Re: Add DSML interface to OpenLDAP

Roberto Barrero wrote:
Hi all,
I'm beginner in OpenLDAP and I've a question...
I've an OpenLDAP server installed, and I want enable DSML interface to
access data using it since my client.
How I can install this interface?

There is none provided in the OpenLDAP distribution. Various 3rd parties provide them, e.g.

http://www.worldspot.com/dsmlgw-xml-rpc/DSMLGateway.html

But IMO, DSML and all uses of XML as network protocol mechanisms are abominations. It's obvious that XML was a security breach waiting to happen.

http://www.networkworld.com/columnists/2009/080509-xml-flaw.html

The "ML" stands for Markup Language. A Markup Language is designed to augment plaintext for display to humans. It is not suitable for use as a database format, network transport protocol, or any of the many other "innovative" uses that have been attempted with it. Only a moron (or someone with a vested interest in selling more memory, newer CPUs, and newer network switches) would promote its use.
--
  -- Howard Chu