[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: syncrepl replication taking too long(not sync)
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: syncrepl replication taking too long(not sync)
- From: Rodrigo Costa <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 14:38:18 -0700 (PDT)
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1250631498; bh=cNeDEWN5f1EbG3nXBQieoN+tLXH/6TKadIez1KIssEM=; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:Cc:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=DepUWIzAL9iAKNAKA4TOdxKE/ONE2/BPV++HkCI6NkV0GyO6QI6XD3dNM5Rcr9SGc/FREREpNbcr8eb9VVaJUYLPg3JT6LS0b6LeTWMOuEbxiG2Z08oVJA/MEdxQLbMDL80gWdymbw7hzpEb2vZHYmSZQu6PmS0ar0ErNuT4l9k=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:Cc:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=M9KsTB6RAqNRa1B/tnD+OfcsjQiU0Vb2L3cN4gNHh0G238hWilfpDlHLzu+8bPy7CFmWA0aMp0+VZuZnR87pYAFnEAtUfhzTv7ovWA8sGxBNax4+J/pGV4gt3W2dmKYK6eWlWkcgkwgnm3OffLhoxoljz/rGIDsFv+taBm4k8Jw=;
I forget to mention that even if I stop the second mirror is stopped
again the first mirror cpu still being consumed. I was expecting that
after the search from the second mirror is stopped the cpu consumption
would be finished.
Not sure if with dncache unlimited, even all other caches equal to 0, if
the memory will be enough. Looks like memory needs to be enough to
handle all dncache for DBs in system.
Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> --On Tuesday, August 18, 2009 2:13 PM -0700 Rodrigo Costa
> <email@example.com> wrote:
>> The issue is that if I do not limit dncache the slapd crashes since
>> after sometime it cannot allocate more system memory(malloc). Only
>> dncache in two DBs can consume all memory possible to allocate.
> See below. You obviously need to better tune other things.
>>> Limit your memory consumption in other ways if you need
>>> to (Smaller BDB cache, smaller entry cache, smaller idlcache).
>>> Limiting the dncachesize is pretty much suicidal in any large db.
> Quanah Gibson-Mount
> Principal Software Engineer
> Zimbra, Inc
> Zimbra :: the leader in open source messaging and collaboration