Re: saslmech=EXTERNAL

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Friday, July 17, 2009 5:44 PM -0700 Greek Ordono<grexk@yahoo.com>
wrote:

Hi,

What I'm trying to do is change the password[1] of user guest to see if
my chain overlay will work with saslmech=external. Referring from this
email[2] this should be working. But I'm a bit I confused cause I can't
get this working while my syncrepl is working well. TIA

As I said, by using the "-x" mechanism, you are completely disabling SASL.
Thus no SASL/EXTERNAL method is going to work.

You're talking about different things. "-x" on the commandline affects authentication between the client and the slapd. But he's talking about slapd being a read-only consumer with chaining to forward writes to a provider. In particular, he's talking about the authentication from the chain overlay to the provider. And obviously -x on the commandline has nothing to do with this question whatsoever.

--
  -- Howard Chu