Re: openldap 2.4.16 hangs with dncachesize smaller than max number of records

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Wednesday, June 17, 2009 5:25 AM -0700 Rodrigo Costa
<rlvcosta@yahoo.com>  wrote:

Could this be a configuration issue? I do not think but I'm putting
below my cache configuration :

Clearly it is a configuration issue.

# Cache values
cachesize       10000
dncachesize     3000000
idlcachesize    10000
cachefree       10

These values are extremely low (except for dncachesize) for a system with 4
million records.  I'd expect something more like:

cachesize 4000000
dncachesize 3000000

dncachesize must always be >= cachesize

idlcachesize 8000000
cachefree 100000

or something along those lines.  Particularly in the case of your
ldapsearch, cachesize is likely the most relevant.  Try playing with the
settings a bit more.

--
  -- Howard Chu