Re: Overlays proxycache and failover

Sébastien CAMELLINI wrote:
Hie,

I have one ldap proxy server and 2 ldap servers in mirror mode with syncrep.
My proxy ldap server ask all to one of the two servers in mirror mode. l'm
trying to find a way to specifie in the proxy ldap config to ask all to the
second server when the first is down.

Assuming you're using back-ldap, use

uri "ldap://server1 ldap://server2";

please be aware that in case server1 is unavailable, server2 will be used. If server2 is available, the URI string will be internally rearranged by moving servers that do not work to the tail. Further connections will thus try server2, then server1.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.r.l.
via Dossi, 8 - 27100 Pavia - ITALIA
http://www.sys-net.it
Office:  +39 02 23998309