Re: Paged Results Control questions

On Wednesday 11 February 2009 18:24:22 Maier, Nathan wrote:
> > I don't know in detail about 2.2.28, but OpenLDAP 2.2 should support
> > that control when back-bdb is used.  However I think nobody really
> > bothers about checking such an outdated version (the current is
>
> 2.4.13).
>
> It's not really by choice that I'm dealing with 2.2.28 unfortunately.
> What is back-bdb?  I haven't been able to find any documentation on it.

The bdb database backend, IOW, used as follows:

database bdb

If you have instead:

database ldbm

then you are using the ldbm backend, and you can expect:
1)Data corruption
2)Scalability problems
3)No database recovery options
4)No paged results

Switch to bdb (but, you should consider upgrading as well).

Regards,
Buchan