Re: Entry cache hit ratio and aggregated logging

--On Monday, February 02, 2009 4:09 PM +0200 kkalev <kkalev@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello, i 'd like to ask a couple of questions for which i haven't been
able to find any obvious answers:
1. Is there a way to know the entry cache (slapd.conf cachesize
directive) hit ratio? I haven't been able to find any such element in the
cn=monitor structure (although the admin can find the current size of the
entry and idl cache).
2. Is there a way to aggregate logging and only post operation numbers
every 1 minute in the log file? I am not actually interested in each
query run on my ldap server (and if i need that i can just set the
log-level to Stats in cn=config) but i would like to be able to keep
statistics of the server operations. The ideal situation would be for the
server to send a sum of the completed operations during a configurable
time interval.

For the second part, why not just query it out of the cn=monitor backend? It keeps track of completed operations.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer