Re: 64bit compile fails on Solaris 10

--On Wednesday, January 21, 2009 11:19 AM -0500 John Center <john.center@villanova.edu> wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to compile OpenLDAP v2.4.13 on Solaris 10 using Sun Studio 12.
Everything is building fine until it gets to slapd itself.  It fails
linking .libs/slapdS.o:

I don't know what slapdS.c does, but I think "-m64" needs to be passed to
cc here; unfortunately I don't know how to do it.  I've searched through
the mail archives w/o much luck.  Could someone please explain to me what
I'm missing?

Add -m64 to the CFLAGS you're using?

For example, something like:

CFLAGS="-m64" ./configure ....

That way it gets passed into all the Makefiles.

If you have other CFLAGS you want to set (like -g, etc), put them in there too:

CFLAGS="-g -m64" ./configure ...

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount