Re: 64bit compile fails on Solaris 10

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009, John Center wrote:

cc: Warning: -xarch=v9 is deprecated, use -m64 to create 64-bit programs
ld: fatal: file .libs/slapdS.o: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32

As you diagnosed, you're missing a -m64.

I think slapdS.c is generated dynamically by ltmain.sh, seen in the line:
	(cd .libs && cc   -c "slapdS.c")

Yes.

I don't know what slapdS.c does, but I think "-m64" needs to be passed to cc here; unfortunately I don't know how to do it. I've searched through the

It's libtool black magic, you probably don't need to worry too much about it...

long story short: export LTCFLAGS='-g -xs -KPIC -xarch=v9' prior to make.