Re: how to replace multiple attributes?

On Wed, 14 Jan 2009, Adam Williams wrote:
> thanks for fixing that typo, I still have the same error.  ldif file is:
>
> dn: uid=panderson,ou=People,dc=mdah,dc=state,dc=ms,dc=us
> changetype: modify
> replace: sambaProfilePath
> sambaProfilePath: \\preshs\profiles\panderson
> -
> replace: sambaHomePath
> sambaHomePath: \\preshs\panderson
> -
> replace: sambaLogonScript
> sambaLogonScript: scripts\panderson.bat
> -
> replace: sambaHomeDrive
> sambaHomeDrive: R:
>
> and I run it with:
>
> [root@roark ldap]# ldapmodify -D "cn=Manager,dc=mdah,dc=state,dc=ms,dc=us" -w
> xxxxxxxxxx -x -v -f profilepaths.ldif
> ldap_initialize( <DEFAULT> )
> ldapmodify: invalid format (line 5) entry:
> "uid=panderson,ou=People,dc=mdah,dc=state,dc=ms,dc=us"

That input looks okay to me and similar looking input works with
ldapmodify in my testing.  My guess is that there's something invisible in
the file that's breaking the parse.  For example, trailing whitespace on
the "-" lines is invalid and will result in errors like the above.  I
suggest you look at the output of
	cat -vet profilepaths.ldif

and make sure the '$' that that command puts at the end of each line is
where you expect it to be and that there's no otherwise hidden control
characters.

Philip Guenther