Re: SASL

"John Nietzsche" <john.nietzsche@gmail.com> writes:

> Dear list members,
>
> i have just setted, in my environment, kerberos, cyrus-sasl and
> openldap. My  host operational plataform is Debian.
>
> I am facing a situation like this: altough i configured cyrus SASL i
> can't see its mech with the following command:
>
> sioux@gustav:~/ldap$ ldapsearch -x -b "" -s base supportedSASLMechanisms
> # extended LDIF
> #
> # LDAPv3
> # base <> with scope baseObject
> # filter: (objectclass=*)
> # requesting: supportedSASLMechanisms
> #
>
> #
> dn:
>
> # search result
> search: 2
> result: 0 Success
>
> # numResponses: 2
> # numEntries: 1
> sioux@gustav:~/ldap$

This is probably an access control problem, do you have something like

access to dn.base="" by * read
access to dn.base=cn=subschema by * read

in your slapd.conf in order to allow anonymous read on root DSE and
subschema?
An other hint: you should not relay on google search results! If you
would have read OpenLDAP Documentation you should know that OpenLDAP
has implemeneted RFC-3673 (all operational attributes).
ldapsearch -x -b "" -s base + | grep 'supportedSASLMechanisms'

-Dieter

--
Dieter KlÃnter | Systemberatung
http://www.dpunkt.de/buecher/2104.html