[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: Translucent overlays & replication.
- To: Andy Cobaugh <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Translucent overlays & replication.
- From: John Maddock <J.Maddock@ed.ac.uk>
- Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 08:03:23 +0100
- Cc: openldap-sw <email@example.com>, Gavin Henry <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Content-disposition: inline
- In-reply-to: <alpine.GSO.email@example.com>
- Organization: University of Edinburgh
- References: <10355614.61222641843910.JavaMail.root@mail> <alpine.GSO.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- User-agent: Thunderbird 188.8.131.52 (X11/20080723)
Thanks for the reply.
You can't because translucent uses back-ldap which disables lastmod, so
replicating the local database is at least impossible with syncrepl.
The solution I came up with was to slapcat/slapadd when I do changes to the
Would you mind elaborating? The slave server would have to be stopped to
What I find particularly puzzling is that there seems to be no
way of doing this. Surely if translucent overlays are used then replication
of them is essential.
The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in
Scotland, with registration number SC005336.