synchronization problems

Hello!

I'm using slapd 2.4.9 on ubuntu. I've got one master, and many read- only slaves. Last week I've seen something very strage - I was "playing" with acls, and there was small window of time, when one slave couldn't see all entries I should on master. Problem is, that after fixing this problem in acls slave haven't synchronized properly (I could do ldapsearch at master from slave's shell and gen all entries, but local replica haven't this data). Reestarting slapd haven't helped. I have to stop slapd, delete everything but DB_CONFIG in /var/lib/ldap and start it again.

So my question is: what could create such a problem? And, more important: how can I monitor slapd slaves for such problems? Is there any ready solution for this (nagios plugins, or maybe just some script)?

Cheers
---
Grzegorz Marszałek
graf0@post.pl