Re: slapd breaks NSS, NSS breaks slapd

On Mon, 11 Aug 2008, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> I have a machine where slapd will not start if ldap://localhost is
> listed in /etc/nss_ldap.conf. It just hangs:
> If I remove ldap://localhost from nss_ldap.conf, is works fine. Any idea
> how to get that working?

This sounds a bit like this thread:

There were a couple suggestions there.

Philip Guenther

BTW: the subject on your message was excellent...as opposed to the message
in the archives referenced above, which had a completely generic subject
that made it more difficult for me to find when my memory said "wasn't
something like this encountered earlier this year?".  So, thank you,