Re: ldap backend problem

----- "Brett @Google" <brett.maxfield@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to setup a ldap backend which is a filtered view of
> another larger parent directory, with respect to exposing fewer object
> classes and attributes.
>
> The intent is to present a simpler view of the larger directory, and
> the config below works, except for when i uncomment the line
> containing "rwm-map attribute *", to hide the attributes i do not want
> visible, but after that it stops returning any entries at all for any
> query. So may be there is some important openldap attribute i am
> nuking ?

Yes, I fear that's hiding the objectClass attribute, which is required for internal operations.  On the other hand, you can't simply tell back-ldap to preserve that attribute, because mapping objectClass is not allowed.  I suggest you file an ITS so that this problem can be fixed.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.r.l.