[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: Reset LDAP Password for root
- To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: Reset LDAP Password for root
- From: Michael StrÃder <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2008 02:12:33 +0200
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20080702 SeaMonkey/1.1.11
Uli Kleemann wrote:
Installing openldap I made the mistake to follow an old HOWTO and put
the root passwort in slapd.conf encrypted as recommend in that HOWTO.
So far so good. According to murphyÅ law I didn`t note the plain
password so that I know have to reset it. As I couldn`t find a
usefull description to do that yet, I would like to ask you for help.
Put the output of slappasswd after directive 'rootdn' and restart the