Re: how to configure multi-master

Hello again,

Run test050 to get simple configuration examples for n-way
replication. For mirror mode configuration see
http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/replication.html, part 17.3.2 and
17.4.4

I have examined a bit tests scripts provided with openldap-tests rpm from Mandriva. First it is not very clear how to run scritps, the ./run gives me./run [-b <backend>] [-c] [-k] [-p] [-u] [-w] <script>, but it is not clear what does these switches mean. Maybe it is possible to guess after examine ./run script.
So I decided to examine test050 script and at first. As I understood it runs test slapd with dynamic configuration. Maybe it is a great tool of openldap, but this will probably be my next step of learning openldap. It would be nice if somebody could give me conf file example.
FInanly to the topic:
sniff of the test050 scritpt:
echo "Configuring syncrepl on consumer2..."
$LDAPMODIFY -D cn=config -H $URI3 -y $CONFIGPWF <<EOF >>$TESTOUT 2>&1
dn: olcDatabase={0}config,cn=config
changetype: modify
add: olcSyncRepl
olcSyncRepl: rid=001 provider=$URI1 binddn="cn=config" bindmethod=simple
  credentials=$CONFIGPW searchbase="cn=config" type=refreshAndPersist
  retry="5 5 300 5" timeout=3
olcSyncRepl: rid=002 provider=$URI2 binddn="cn=config" bindmethod=simple
  credentials=$CONFIGPW searchbase="cn=config" type=refreshAndPersist
  retry="5 5 300 5" timeout=3
olcSyncRepl: rid=003 provider=$URI3 binddn="cn=config" bindmethod=simple
  credentials=$CONFIGPW searchbase="cn=config" type=refreshAndPersist
  retry="5 5 300 5" timeout=3
-
add: olcMirrorMode
olcMirrorMode: TRUE
EOF

It shows, that it is adding MirrorMode TRUE. So why?
man page of slapd.conf states:
"mirrormode on | off - This  option  puts  a replica database into "mirror" mode...."
Adding this to my conf file lets me do writes to masters, but I don't want MirrorMode, I want MultiMaster.

Liutauras