[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: enumeratin all ldap objects in a LDAP ?
- To: "Adrian Overbury" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: enumeratin all ldap objects in a LDAP ?
- From: Hallvard B Furuseth <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 18:39:59 +0200
- Cc: email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <483FA3D2.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <20080527191013.GC19203@atlas.science-computing.de> <483FA3D2.email@example.com>
On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 3:50 AM, Adrian Overbury <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Well, I don't know necessarily what the *best* way is, but I can tell you
> what the simplest way in. As root on whatever server the openLDAP database
> is on, run this command:
> slapcat | grep "^dn: " | wc -l
That should be "^dn:" to catch "dn:: base64-encoded DN" as well.
Though I agree with André it's best to not overuse root. But then,
hopefully the server runs with the -u <user> option for the same
reason and then the slapcat should be done as that user.