Re: enumeratin all ldap objects in a LDAP ?

Well, I don't know necessarily what the *best* way is, but I can tell you what the simplest way in. As root on whatever server the openLDAP database is on, run this command:

slapcat | grep "^dn: " | wc -l

That will dump the entire ldap database, grab every "dn: ..." line, which every object will have exactly one of, and run it through wc (the word-counter) and tell it to count the number of lines.

Regards,

Adrian

Michael Arndt wrote:
Hello *,

what is a "good" way to enumerate all objects in an open ldap
in order to get a total count of defined objects ?
( how many objects ..)

TIA
Michael

PS: Sorry if i should know this by reading basic infos