Re: slapo-rwm and rewriteRules

I'm not entirely sure, but I think you're asking to rewrite attribute values (aka "right hand sides"), e.g.:

[on disk you have]
attribute: value=something,base=oldBase

[but you want the clients to see]
attribute: value=something,base=newBase

You should be able to do this by rewriting searchAttrDN. Of course this only works for DN-syntax attributes. If you're (ab)using Directory Strings for this, then it's not going to happen without a custom overlay.