Re: cn=config does not generate DB_CONFIG

On Fri, 25 Apr 2008, Mike Johnston wrote:

While I have my olcDatabase={1}hdb.ldif in cn=config directory, I can't seem to get slapd to generate the DB_CONFIG file. My options include olcDbCacheSize, olcDbNoSync etc.. For my reading, if these are specified and DB_CONFIG file exists, (it doesn't as slapd complains about it missing with -d 99), it should generate a DB_CONFIG from these settings.

The directives you indicate configure the bdb/hdb backend, and do not generate a DB_CONFIG.

The only directive that changes the DB_CONFIG is the "dbconfig" directive. Try olcDbConfig in your back-config.

Note that "if these are specified and DB_CONFIG file exists" is exactly opposite -- the file must NOT exist at the time of slapd startup.