Re: cn=config does not generate DB_CONFIG

ok, here is my confusion..
What's the difference between the following:

olcDbCacheSize:1000 in my hdb.ldif file
  AND
olcDbConfg: set_cachesize 0 10485760 0

I added the olcDbConfig and <presto> DB_CONFIG file gets created.
So many thanks for the assistance, just curious as to the differences..

Aaron Richton <richton@nbcs.rutgers.edu>
wrote:
On Fri, 25 Apr 2008, Mike Johnston wrote:

> While I have my olcDatabase={1}hdb.ldif in cn=config directory, I can't
> seem to get slapd to generate the DB_CONFIG file. My options include
> olcDbCacheSize, olcDbNoSync etc.. For my reading, if these are specified
> and DB_CONFIG file exists, (it doesn't as slapd complains about it
> missing with -d 99), it should generate a DB_CONFIG from these settings.

The directives you indicate configure the bdb/hdb backend, and do not
generate a DB_CONFIG.

The only directive that changes the DB_CONFIG is the "dbconfig" directive.
Try olcDbConfig in your back-config.

Note that "if these are specified and DB_CONFIG file exists" is exactly
opposite -- the file must NOT exist at the time of slapd startup.