Re: attribute size limit?

Michael Ströder <michael@stroeder.com> wrote:

> Would be a nice feature for slapo-constraint. Maybe an additional
> <size> parameter limiting the number of bytes for BLOB attributes or
> number of character in case of character-based string syntaxes. And
> maybe a limit for the <number> of attribute values for multi-valued
> attributes.

I just had a look. the size constraint is trivial to implement. number
is a bit more difficult.

If I understand correctly, constraint_violation() should perform an
internal LDAP search for the constrained attribute, count the existing,
and somehow keep a count of how many time constraint_violation()  is
called for a given attribute and a given operation.

I am not sure slapo-constraint is the right place.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz