Re: A question about pwdMinAge

pwdMinAge is part of the password policy, not part of the user's record.

The scheme defines pwdMinAge as being part of the objectClass pwdPolicy, so unless you have that in your users record, it will not be there.

I believe you assume correct that it uses math to determine when the password was last changed, and when the current time is. If that does not exceed the value of the password policy entry for pwdMinAge, then the change will fail.

You could change the user's passwordPolicy to be Zero Day password change,but you would have to change it back.

Min Age is used to avoid people from changing their password 10 times to avoid password rotation policies. Sometimes that gets in the way. The question I always ask is what is better, a password that a user can remember or the one that I forced them to have unique and they write down and stick on their monitor! :)

Sellers