Re: paged results vs socket send buffer size

Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
We are getting some clients which will occationally retrieve ~2.5M data
in one search operation.  If I understand correctly, that can block the
thread running the search operation until the client-side socket accepts
the data.  So I'm wondering what to do, unless I misunderstand the above
completely:

Is that really a problem? How often is "occasionally"? To me 2.5 MB does not sound so much to justify thinking about changing the client app in such a network- and data-specific way. Does it block other operations from different apps?

Ciao, Michael.