Re: slap_sl_malloc of X bytes failed, using ch_malloc

Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
kevin montuori wrote:
"PM" == Pierangelo Masarati<ando@sys-net.it> writes:
  PM>  Is the issue repeatable?  If it is, can you ask slapd to generate a
  PM>  core file, and provide a stack backtrace?

it is and absolutely.  the results of (gdb) bt full can be found here:

   http://homepage.mac.com/ignavusinfo/ldap-backtrace.txt

again, thanks for the help.

Mmmmh, this issue definitely looks like ITS#5437 and ITS#5444; it has nothing to do with the error message in subject. Since I cannot tell whether the two issues are related, or you hit another, already pointed out issue, can you make sure you can repeat the malloc failure issue? I don't want to load you with unnecessary effort; if the real issue is the syncprov_done_ctrl()-related issue, and the malloc failure one is simply a symptom, then you probably don't need to do anything else. Please follow the discussion of the above mentioned ITS-es to find out if the erroneous behavior you see is related.

Something doesn't make sense in this trace. In frame 10, "changed = 1" but that is an impossible value for this variable. It must be either 0 or SS_CHANGED (2). Since the code in syncprov.c line 2018 relies on the SS_CHANGED value to be set in order to initialize the cookie, and that isn't being set correctly, the syncprov_done_ctrl invocation breaks.

I suggest you try recompiling without optimization and see if the behavior changes. If it still crashes the same way, please post a new trace.

--
  -- Howard Chu