Re: slap_sl_malloc of X bytes failed, using ch_malloc

kevin montuori wrote:
"QG" == Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@zimbra.com> writes:

QG> Are you running as root, or as a user though? If a user, does the QG> user have memory limits?

the user has no hard or soft memory limits, except for a soft 8MB stack
limit.

Is the issue repeatable? If it is, can you ask slapd to generate a core file, and provide a stack backtrace?
See <http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/59.html> for further instructions, and make sure you use an unstripped binary. In case, keep the core and the slapd binary 'round, since we might need to ask you to print some values from the stack.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.r.l.