Re: valsort not sorting?

Pat Riehecky wrote:
I have the valsort overlay in place
overlay valsort
valsort-attr uid ou=People,dc=mytest,dc=com weighted alpha-ascend
but when I do an ldapsearch results are not sorted by uid

Please read the man page more carefully. slapo-valsort is not for server-side sorting of the search results returned. It's for sorting multiple values of an attribute within a search result entry. So in your case multiple uid's would be sorted (which does not make sense in your case I guess).

Server-side sorting is not implemented in OpenLDAP's slapd.

Ciao, Michael.