Re: New error (ldap_get_values_len returns NULL)

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 03:38:25PM -0500, Brian Hechinger wrote:

> This:
>
>   attr_values = ldap_get_values_len(ldap_conn, entry, mod_auth_conf.ldap.active_attr);
>
> fails with: Decoding error
>
> the attribute I hand it exists in the record it's searching for.

Bah, the bind credentials I was given can't see that attribute even though
I was told it could.  That'll teach me to trust people. ;)

However, is there a way to determine why this failed?  "Decoding error" isn't
nearly as useful as "This attribute doesn't exist".

-brian
--
"Perl can be fast and elegant as much as J2EE can be fast and elegant.
In the hands of a skilled artisan, it can and does happen; it's just