Re: New error (ldap_get_values_len returns NULL)

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 03:38:25PM -0500, Brian Hechinger wrote:
> This:
>   attr_values = ldap_get_values_len(ldap_conn, entry, mod_auth_conf.ldap.active_attr);
> fails with: Decoding error
> the attribute I hand it exists in the record it's searching for.

Bah, the bind credentials I was given can't see that attribute even though
I was told it could.  That'll teach me to trust people. ;)

However, is there a way to determine why this failed?  "Decoding error" isn't
nearly as useful as "This attribute doesn't exist".

"Perl can be fast and elegant as much as J2EE can be fast and elegant.
In the hands of a skilled artisan, it can and does happen; it's just
that most of the shit out there is built by people who'd be better
suited to making sure that my burger is cooked thoroughly."  -- Jonathan Patschke