Re: program segfaults on ldap_get_values/ldap_get_values_len

On Sun, Mar 09, 2008 at 09:27:37AM +0100, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
> that entry was not obtained from the appropriate calls to the API.  It
> should be the result of calling ldap_first_entry() or ldap_next_entry()
> applied to the LDAPMessage pointer resulting from ldap_result() or
> ldap_search*_s().

See my previous reply for what exactly I've done to get to this point.

> Please look at clients/tools/ldapsearch.c and related
> files for a thorough example.

Ugh, that code is horribly complicated and all I want to do is something
simple. ;)  I've been through it, which is how I've gotten to where I am
now, but I'm wondering if there are better, simpler examples out there
to work from?

"Perl can be fast and elegant as much as J2EE can be fast and elegant.
In the hands of a skilled artisan, it can and does happen; it's just
that most of the shit out there is built by people who'd be better
suited to making sure that my burger is cooked thoroughly."  -- Jonathan Patschke